I want to start by saying, I’m sorry for not keeping up with the blog and newsletter, but so much has happened during this year, both personally and business wise, that has prevented me from doing them.
Things that are the same at Mountain Paws:
- Participating at the local Show Low Farmer’s Market and Art Walk, which runs from Memorial Day Weekend to the last Saturday in September
- Active on our www.Etsy.com/store/mountainpawsaz and Facebook – Mountain Paws Az
- Focusing on custom/designer products
- Display at Made in Greer, located in Pinetop AZ
- Still very slow on updating the blog and newsletter..
What has changed at Mountain Paws:
- Now selling dehydrated dog treats such as chicken gizzards, beef sticks (made with ground beef), chicken and sweet potato twists, Beef Bites (made with beef stew meat) to name a few. Unfortunately we cannot ship these items out of state.
- Updated the website so when you click on “shop” you go straight to my etsy.com website. This helped me so much with getting new products updated – only had to do it 2 places instead of 3!
- Have added another sewing machine to improve productivity.
- Stepping up to do “juried” events such as the Fountain Hills Festival – which runs 20,000+ people through it.
- Adopting a 10 year old Mini Schnauzer named Jamie. We fostered her and just couldn’t let her go. She has been diagnosed with Kidney Failure so we are learning many things – ways to make her more comfortable and help control the disease.
- Making our own dog food (what a learning curve that was! lol
- Working on more designs and created some unique patterns for special people such as hat for a little Schnauzer named Doogie, who loves to go touring with his “Dad”, Bear, on his motorcycle. He needed a hat that would cover his ears. We’ll know how happy they both are when they get back from their 2 month trip.
- Celebrated our 43rd Wedding Anniversary.
- Attended my 50th Class Reunion.
- Dealt with health issues. Had to take 4 months off to do both shoulders and couldn’t even type or sew during that time. Also had to deal with allergies that sent to me to the E.R., from there it was almost 300 allergy patch test, and genomic test (tests pharmaceutical medication again my DNA) for various medicine reactions I have been having.
- And renovating our home, where I do all my work!
So as you can see, a lot has been happening. Please be patient with me as I learn how to balance everything.
Thank you for understanding.